Artificial intelligence that you can give an assignment, ask questions, have entire books written and all in conversational form. It's all about ChatGPT, the AI tool everyone is talking about. Many possibilities come to mind, but what could ChatGPT mean for organisations' document management?
As a club of enthusiasts, we are here in our strategy lab already busy speculating about it and see a wide range of possibilities.
ChatGPT, a large language model developed by OpenAI, could be applied in many ways in combination with documents, DMS (Document Management System) and information management.
Perhaps one of the most important uses of ChatGPT in conjunction with documents is to automatically summarise large amounts of text. This can help companies work more efficiently by quickly identifying and organising important information. Moreover, ChatGPT can also be used for automatic translation of documents, enabling companies to do business with international partners more easily.
Combined with a DMS, ChatGPT can be used for automatic classification and indexing of documents. Something that M-Files can already do quite well could then take off. This could help companies search for important information more efficiently. Moreover, ChatGPT can also be used for automatic generation of documents, such as contracts and reports.
By using ChatGPT's capabilities, companies can search for information in their databases more efficiently and it can also be used for automatic report generation and analysis.
Document generation automation will play an increasingly important role in the future. ChatGPT can be used to automatically generate documents such as contracts, reports and also e-mails. This can help companies speed up their business processes and spend their time more efficiently.
Combined with other technologies such as Natural Language Processing, companies can increase the quality of generated documents.
Combining ChatGPT with M-Files can help companies work more efficiently by automating various processes. Below are some possible applications:
- Automatic classification and indexing of documents: ChatGPT can be used to automatically extract and classify text from documents, making searching for specific information much faster and easier.
- Automatic generation of documents: ChatGPT can be used to automatically generate documents, such as contracts, reports and e-mails, and store them directly in M-Files.
- Automatic summarise of documents: ChatGPT can be used to automatically summarise large amounts of text, allowing important information to be quickly identified and organised.
- Automatic translate of documents: ChatGPT can also be used for automatic translation of documents, making it easier for companies to do business with international partners.
- Automatic generation of analyses: ChatGPT can also be used to automatically generate reports and analysis from the information stored in M-Files.
The future of document management using ChatGPT looks promising as far as we are concerned because it offers the opportunity to work more efficiently and save time and money. So, with a near future where available manpower will decrease, the application of AI is increasing. In any case, we are already excited!